Meat-eater or not, this black bean quinoa veggie burger recipe is one you’re going to love. It’s rare to find veggie burgers that grill — and this one grills magnificently. This recipe uses quinoa, black beans, and tons of seasoning to make sure you have a tasty burger.
Top with your favorite toppings (we suggest fresh veggies), and chow down! You can harvest this fresh lettuce & other veggies from your Gardenuity Gardening Kit.
The whole family will love this healthy and eco-friendly alternative to the beef burger.
Veggie Burgers with Quinoa and Black BeanCourse: Lunch/DinnerCuisine: BurgersDifficulty: Easy
Quinoa, black bean, paprika, oregano, and more make up this tasty veggie burger patty. Top with your favorite condiments and veggies to create a delicious burger for the whole family.
1/4 cup uncooked quinoa
2/3 cup water
1 can black beans (15 oz), rinsed and drained
1/3 cup breadcrumbs
3 oz tomato paste
1 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp salt
1 Tbsp olive oil
Burger buns of your choice
Freshly harvested lettuce
Freshly harvested tomatoes
Cheese, onions, and other toppings, optional
- Place quinoa with water and a pinch of salt in a small pot. Bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat, cover, and let simmer for 14 minutes.
- Add rinsed black beans to a large bowl and mash with a fork or potato masher. Add cooked quinoa to the black beans and mix. Add tomato paste, seasoning, and breadcrumbs to the bowl. Mix.
- Form four patties with the mixture.
- Heat olive in a grill pan over medium heat. Place quinoa burgers on the fry pan for 4 minutes per side.
- Build your burger with your favorite buns, fresh veggies, and more.
Let us know how you enjoy this black bean quinoa burger recipe! You can tag us on social media @gardenuity!
If you want more plant-based recipes take a look at our 7 favorite plant-based recipes they are healthy and ecofriendly!