Herb recipes are some of our favorite recipes to make — they’re packed with flavor and always delicious. This time, we have lavender, thyme, and basil recipes for you to enjoy.
These are 3 of our favorite recipes to make. They’re unusual and mouthwatering herb recipes that you’ll return to time and time again.
Elevate the classic shortbread to the next level with this lavender twist. Lavender’s florally fresh flavor adds a unique flair to this buttery sweet bread. It’s the perfect accessory to tea and makes a delicious quick evening treat.
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks), softened
- ¼ cup granulated sugar, plus extra for sprinkling on cookies
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh lavender
- In a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream the butter, granulated sugar, powdered sugar, and salt until thoroughly combined — about 3 minutes. In a separate bowl, sift together the all-purpose and cake flours. Mix the flour mixture into the butter mixture in 3 additions, scraping down the sides of the bowl in between each addition. Add the lavender and mix to just combine.
- Roll out the dough to a ½-inch-thick rectangle. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Cut the dough into 2 x 1-inch bars and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake the cookies until just golden at the edges — about 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and immediately sprinkle with granulated sugar. Let cool completely before serving.
Trust us, this basil salt will quickly become your go-to seasoning in the kitchen. Subtle and tasty, a quick pinch of this salt takes anything to the next level. Try it atop popcorn, french fries, or a fresh tomato.
Pulse ½ cup kosher salt and ½ cup packed basil leaves in a food processor, then spread on a baking sheet and bake at 225° until dry — about 30-40 minutes, stirring halfway through. Let cool.
Thyme Sea Salt Crackers
This surprisingly simple recipe from Taste of Home is absolutely delightful. A touch of thyme makes this homemade cracker one you won’t be able to stop eating. Follow the link or see below to get the full recipe.
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ cup plus 1 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 to 2 Tbsp minced fresh thyme
- ¾ tsp sea or kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, whisk flours and salt. Gradually add water and ¼ cup oil, tossing with a fork until dough holds together when pressed. Divide dough into three portions.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll each portion of dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 1½ inch round cookie cutter. Place 1 inch apart on ungreased baking sheets. Prick each cracker with a fork and brush lightly with remaining oil. Mix thyme and sea salt. Sprinkle over crackers.
- Bake 9-11 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned.
These mouthwatering herb recipes are great for creating a meal everyone can gather around for and enjoy. If you still have available herbs try making these Herbal Iced Tea Recipes.